Friday 22 February 2008

A Few More House Pics

Hello, dear ones!  I promised a pic of my potholder tree, which I leave up all year round.  Unfortunately, since this little table is right next to the back door, it becomes a dumping ground very quickly for everybody's junk, so the potholder tree is usually buried.  But I dug it out, just for you!

My backporch has become a place for me to add a few of my cutesy things, but it also has to accommodate a freezer, washer & dryer, laundry hampers and dog food container.  And thanks to Jack (the interloper, my husband calls him, since he sort of just moved in with us), there's also an occasional pile of dog poop.  Jack just isn't learning...





This little shelf hangs above our freezer, and I've stashed some of my old children's collectibles here.  I made the Humpty Dumpty a long time ago.  I used to have a doll-making business back in the 80's called Ragg Baggs.  It was very successful, and I had all kinds of offers from reps and buyers and it scared the crap out of me.  I wanted to keep making them myself, but this would have required me to hire outside help.  My "fear of success" sent me running for the hills.  I'll have to scan and share the pic of my Wizard of Oz dolls that were featured in a Pacific Northwest Magazine article on the creations of several artists.  I'm kinda proud of that...


Here's our kitchen, with a little eat-in area.  I love old, chippy shelves and cupboards so I was thrilled to find these.  When I soaked all the old paint off the two doorknobs and discovered green glass, I had to scream!  You know how it is.  Such wonderful serendipity!




I love old kitchen collectibles with green handles, I love Fire King jadeite which I keep on the back porch, I love Peach Lustre Fire King (the mugs), and just about any other collectible glassware you can name.  My friend, Mary, once exclaimed that I must have so much dusting to do!  I said, "Dusting???...."
Once again, you know how it is...




One day I got a wild hair and removed all the kitchen cupboard doors, then sanded and re-painted everything.  I would love to be able to keep each shelf perfectly organized with just the right colors and objects.  I remember when I first did it, my husband said, "Okay, so those shelves are just for decoration now?..."  He's so sweet.  He didn't complain.  It does explain, however, why all of our horizontal surfaces seem to be stacked with things 

that no longer have a home.  Again, you know how it is...

When I wrote this post, my text lined up so nicely with each picture.  Then when I hit "publish," everything formatted in a totally unrelated way.  Oh, well, you get the idea!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment