Friday 15 February 2008

Road Trip to Hell

Well, I wish I had a picture for you, but I haven't had the heart to take one yet.  My poor car.  Yesterday my mom and my oldest son and I were traveling I-90 to Seattle at about 4:30 a.m.  We were taking him over for plastic surgery on a self-inflicted neck injury (that's another story) and had to be there by 7:15.  Snoqualmie Pass has been horrible, with avalanches and closures constantly the last few weeks, but my son was determined to make that appointment.

Long story short, we spun out on the ice and crashed into a guard rail, ending up facing the wrong direction on the freeway with giant semi-trucks closing in on us, in the dark, on the ice...  nobody hurt except the car, but it was drive-able, so I turned around the right way and made my way to the nearest town where I could turn around and go home.  My son was livid, my mom was extremely grateful, and I just wanted to see my home again.

Next time he can go with someone else.  I've gotta call PEMCO.

No comments:

Post a Comment